Ideally, you would have at least a week or two available before you list your property in order to stage your home and make it look its best for buyers. But, what if you listed quickly and within hours of the For Sale sign going up a buyer wants to view your property?
In that scenario, you need to do some quick "staging" to get your home ready. Let's assume your property is already clean, tidy, and you have done all of your pre-listing decluttering. Here are some other things you can do.
- Open the curtains, even at night. This will make each room seem brighter, more appealing and more spacious.
- Pull out some boxes or storage bins. Put away personal knick-knacks (like that bowling trophy) and other personal items to reduce clutter on shelves and countertops.
- Clear countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms. Put the old toaster oven out-of-sight and toothbrushes and skincare in the cupboards.
- Make sure lighting throughout the house is bright and comfortable. In darker areas, plug in a lamp. This will make your home bright and inviting.
- Clear away as much as you can in the foyer. Make that space look open, uncluttered and welcoming.
- Move cars out of the driveway. Give the buyer a convenient place to park!
- Make the beds, fluff pillows on sofas, fold throw blankets.
- Clear away as many items as possible from the closet floors (such as shoes and dirty laundry).
- Open a window and air out the kitchen, especially if you just finished cooking.
- Make sure your pet is in a crate or, if possible, out for a walk.
These staging tips take only a few minutes each, but can make a big difference in the impression your home makes on a buyer. Buyers need to be able to see themselves living in your home, so by making it as open, bright, and uncluttered as possible will do wonders when potential buyers visit.
Want more home selling advice? Call today.