As we approach the date of the bonspiel, here are some notes for each team:
When: Saturday, February 29th, 2020 from 2 pm until late.
What: A rec. and beginner-friendly one-day bonspiel in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation.
Where: The Nepean Sportsplex in Ottawa
Who: You, on a team of four or five! Please help me to speed up registration on Saturday by making sure that I have all of your team members' full names.
Why: To have a great day out, and support a fantastic charity!
1) Arrival - Please arrive on time in order to sign in and complete waivers.
2) Shoes - Please wear clean indoor shoes or curling shoes. Sliders and brooms are available to borrow from the club at no charge.
3) Food and Drink - No food or drink on the ice as per club rules please. There is a bar/restaurant area directly adjacent to the ice and a chili supper is provided.
4) Schedule - A draw schedule will be posted on this page on Friday or Saturday morning and will be updated throughout the bonspiel.
5) Side Activities - We will have a 50/50 draw and silent auction onsite (some of our donors listed below and on our social media). Please bring your cash to contribute to an awesome cause!
6) Never Curled Before? - You're in good company. Rookie teams will be matched up with an experienced team for first game and more experienced teams will teach the rookies how to play.
7) Social! - It is customary for the winning team to buy the first round for their opponent after the game, and sit together for a drink. This is part of what makes curling so great!